I'm worried about applying to jobs 5 months in to the one I have

Hi everyone! I would love some advice on how I'm feeling about potentially job searching. I made a throwaway just in case I could be identified by my other account.

I work in higher education at an university. I worked in a different department for the past 5 years and just got hired in December doing education and training on campus. In my former position, I was feeling pretty burnt out, and just thought I needed a change in positions.

I wouldn't say that I still feel burnt out, and I wouldn't say I'm unhappy, but I'm definitely not happy with this new position. This is a newly created position, so I don't think there was much clarity in the office on what my role is or was. The first day I started, I was shown my desk, and that was it. I wasn't given any instruction on what I should be working on, or how to do anything. I meet with my supervisor maybe once or twice a month, but usually our meetings are cancelled. I think the majority of times, my coworkers forget that I work there. I have not been added to the website or had even a name placard made for me, and have even had the lights shut off on me as people leave the office. Additionally, this is an adjunct position, which I knew going in, so I have lost the substantial retirement contribution, vision, dental, vacation time, and I am on a 2 year contract that may not be made permanent. I was told there were hesitations when hiring me because I was going from a permanent position to adjunct.

In my previous role, I was very busy all of the time and had a consistent schedule. I currently have maybe 4 meetings (if that) scheduled a week, and otherwise I'm just sitting there trying to figure out what I should be doing.

I haven't really brought these concerns to my supervisor as 1) I don't want to seem like I am unqualified for the role I was hired for and don't want to say I don't know what I'm doing when I think there is an expectation that I should and 2) I believe some of my boredom is attributed to the fact that I came from a position that was go-go-go and often worked 50-60 hours a week, and came to one that is more low key, so it's not necessarily the position that's bad, but my expectations of amount of work.

I have been considering getting out of higher education and student affairs for awhile now. I could do much of the same work in corporate/private sector, make more money, and have less hours of work, or less odd hours. My fiancé works in the private sector for a tech company and I am always blown away by the difference in pay/benefits/work culture he has compared to higher education and student affairs.

I have had some open positions that I am interested in applying for but just feel awful for screwing over my office (if I was to get a position) since I have been there for just over 5 months, and I know they wanted this position for awhile and finally got it filled.

Any advice or experience with this? My main questions are: Should I apply to these jobs? Should I just stick it out for say, a full year, then apply to others? Should I let my supervisor know I am applying? I appreciate any advice!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I'm worried about applying to jobs 5 months in to the one I have I'm worried about applying to jobs 5 months in to the one I have Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.