I took a half day to interview for a job, when I returned to work I was fired. I then received an offer 4 hours later that I accepted, start new job in 2 weeks. Do I disclose my termination to new employer? If so, when?

So long story short I took a half day to go interview for another opportunity, the interview went great. When I returned to work an hour or so later I was fired. A few hours later I received an offer from the employer I interviewed with and accepted it gleefully, completely forgetting I had been axed earlier that day (it happens I swear). I gave them a date a few weeks out to start so that way I could wrap things up and address some outside-of-work things I had been neglecting (due to working ~2-3 hours daily beyond normal office hours and on weekends). I now start my new job in a couple weeks, and don't have to go back to hell in the time between.

The honest Abe in me tells me I should disclose this soon and demonstrate transparency.

The logical side in me says it's not necessarily required, I didn't lie to them in the application - interview process, they probably don't give a shit and will just think my previous employer was a dick, and that disclosing this prior to my first day could create unnecessary negativity.

EDIT: The even more logical side in me says what the logical side says + file unemployment and enjoy 2 weeks paid vacation.

What are you guys' thoughts on this? I looked around everywhere for this example but it seems to be uncommon.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I took a half day to interview for a job, when I returned to work I was fired. I then received an offer 4 hours later that I accepted, start new job in 2 weeks. Do I disclose my termination to new employer? If so, when? I took a half day to interview for a job, when I returned to work I was fired. I then received an offer 4 hours later that I accepted, start new job in 2 weeks. Do I disclose my termination to new employer? If so, when? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 11, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.