How do I let a manager in another department know that I am interested in working for him?

I’m currently working in government and in order to move up, you have to go through competitions/interviews. There are no promotions like the private sector.

I graduated 2 years ago and this is the only place that i’ve ever worked for and i love it here. But i am a total noob when it comes to stuff like this.

There is a job opening in another department and i intend to apply for it. But before i do, i would like to meet with the manager and discuss my interest in his department and possibly have a career in that field.

I sent an email on friday and have a meeting scheduled for this monday.

My dilemma is... How do i broach the subject? Also is this appropriate for me to do? Meaning would he see this as me “cozy-ing” up to him because there is a job opening rather than me expressing a genuine interest in his department/field? I want him to see the latter from me and not the former.

Please give me some pointers. Thank you.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I let a manager in another department know that I am interested in working for him? How do I let a manager in another department know that I am interested in working for him? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.