Getting out of tuition reimbursement

I've been at my job for almost 7 years now and stuck in the same role for 4. My employer agreed to pay for a part of my tuition at college if I signed a contract to stay there for 2 years following last date of reimbursement. At the time, there seemed to be a lot of opportunity to move up, especially following the degree. Now they have started moving all the higher level jobs to places I will not live (very very high cost of living and an atmosphere I dislike) and the opportunities are drying up rapidly. I've applied for several positions only to be turned down because I wasn't close enough to the geographic area they wanted me to be in spite of the role being able to be 100% remote. They also do not pay relocation costs. I feel completely trapped at this point as I only have a few classes left to degree completion. I'm stuck working evenings and every weekend alone with a TON of responsibility and a heavy work load. I'm on a team that I feel is inflexible and doesn't appreciate me. I'm no longer interested or engaged and it is leading me to make mistakes on "autopilot". I have seen several recent job openings locally with better hours, benefits, and that would utilize my degree and skills, so I applied, but I know that if I go to leave, they will demand I repay the tuition. I feel like I'm being held prisoner in a place where my skills, connections, and talent will just stagnate. The only thing I can think of is to ask the new employer to pay it in lieu of something else...or as a sign on bonus, but I don't know if that would be something feasible. Thoughts? I know that I could "stick it out," but I'm asking if there are any other ideas out there.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Getting out of tuition reimbursement Getting out of tuition reimbursement Reviewed by Louhi on mai 01, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.