"Don't Tell Them You Are in School"

After many years with only two years of college under my belt, I decided to return to University to finish obtaining a bachelor's degree.

I am pretty miserable at my present job and have a potential opportunity to move to a job that offers benefits that I do not have, but it comes with a pay cut. As much as I don't care for the idea of going backwards, I thought I could still make it work, as I would have the opportunity for quick advancement.

An acquaintance of mine scheduled my interview for next week, saying he'd rather do it on his day off instead of Monday. I commented in passing that worked for me, as I have Summer classes starting on Monday. He seemed surprised that I was in school and told me that I shouldn't mention that in any of my interviews, as his company wanted people that they felt would be devoted to the job. I told him it was a little late for that, as I had mentioned it on my application.

Frankly, I feel disheartened. And although I will still go to the interview, it gives me pause as to whether I want to bother working for the company (should I be offered a position), as I am not willing to give up on my education now. Most of my classes are online, as I work 40+ hours a week now with crazy hours; but there will come a time when I may need to take a few classes on campus. My present job is at least supportive of my endeavor, even if I am not happy.

I thought a pursuit of education would be considered an admirable quality, if anything. It's been over a decade since I have been on a job hunt. Is this par for the course?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

"Don't Tell Them You Are in School" "Don't Tell Them You Are in School" Reviewed by Louhi on mai 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.