After 6 months of starting a position in a new department, I am being forced out.

I joined my current company almost three years ago, and have spent the first two and a half years in a department that I have a direct degree in. My performance reviews were always above average and I've had great feedback from everyone, including our Director. The last six months have been spent in a related (but different) department, doing work that is much more stressful, more visible, and for more pay.

The person I first reported to left the division I now work in, and their subordinate, who has been with the company for many, many years, took on my old manager's role. To describe my working relationship with this person would be to describe a relationship that has become emotionally abusive. They do not trust me after making mistakes (6 months on the job, I remind you). They openly criticize me in public, using a demeaning tone. They micromanage me, tell me what to e-mail people, and berate me for small things and scold me for things that should require help and informative training.

Again, I have made mistakes. I am still learning. But apparently I am not learning fast enough. Instead of being given constructive criticism on how to improve, I am being told by my manager that unless I go back to my old department (a demotion), they will be put me on a type of "performance" program that will track everything I do to make sure I am improving to their standards - the standards which I am not currently meeting and am constantly trying to achieve to little affect. If I do not meet the expectations of this program, I will be let go. The kicker? I am not technically allowed to switch roles until I've been in my current one for at least a year. So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't

This has blown me away as it's such a stark contrast to the praise I had previously been given. I am almost certain my manager has some sort of grudge or dislike towards me. Likely because I have been under-trained by my predecessor (who left as a result of getting burnt out) and because my manager expected me to be a prodigy child and learn everything within the first six months.

So here I am, on a Friday night contemplating everything after being given the option to figuratively banish myself or face the failure set up by self-fulfilling prophecy I've developed from a lack of support. Any advice or words of support are appreciated. I don't know if I'll figure out the answer, but I think airing my grievances has helped.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

After 6 months of starting a position in a new department, I am being forced out. After 6 months of starting a position in a new department, I am being forced out. Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.