Aced formal interview, but bombed technical engineering exam

I'm planning on sending a follow up email tomorrow, and I was wondering if I should apologise. Basically I had an Interview for my dream job and I feel I did really well on the formal interview but following the interview I had to do a short 40min technical test. I bombed it. During the phone interview I completely misinterpreted what the test would entail and I didn't review properly.

To make matters worse, in both interviews (over the phone and in the in person interview) I told the recruiters that I was a 7/10 in excel and to my shock I had to do the test in excel. I KNEW what I needed to do but I forgot the specific commands for the functions I was trying to execute and begun to panic and lost 10 minutes on the test. I wasn't able to access the internet so I couldn't find what I knew to look for (which I would be able to in a rell-ife scenario). I feel I did really poorly and I am pretty embarassed about my performance.

My question: in my follow up email tomorrow should I say something like "I'm sorry for my poor performance in the exam, I honestly didn't realize my excel skills were so rusty. I would like to thanks you for the opportunity... Yad yada..."

This is mainly because I'm sure my performance on the exam has disqualified me and I genuinely want to thank them for the opportunity.

Bad idea of good idea?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Aced formal interview, but bombed technical engineering exam Aced formal interview, but bombed technical engineering exam Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.