A Warning -- My Experience with ADP

Obligatory obvious throwaway is obvious. I don't want to risk getting sued.

So to prephase, I was hired by ADP in April of 2017 for a great IT job that paid 45k per year. It was a complex-ish job that required training and it took about 3 months for me to get the hang of the job. Considering there was little training documentation and that all training was basically done via Skype, I'd say that's not so bad. Especially given the niche nature of the job. I built interfaces that automated the transfer of files between ADP and their clients. Last year in March, I was told that that would be my last month due to a reduction in force. They gave me 2 months severance and I was unemployed for 9 months because the job market here for non-DoD jobs is TERRIBLE.

During that time, I applied for several other jobs at ADP. Most I never heard back from, of course. 3 jobs I applied to there I at least go an interview. These were jobs that were at least SOMEWHAT related to the previous job I had there. The first one I got 2 interviews for, the 2nd interviewer asked me stupid questions like "How many jelly beans can you fit in a 747"

Result: Ghosted

The 2nd job, I got 1 interview. Don't really remember much. Didn't care that much about it tbh but I gave the interview my all, cause, you know. I had to.

Result: Ghosted.

The 3rd job I got an interview for, it was actually a team of people interviewing me and I don't recall them me asking any fucked up questions, but they kept asking "Are you SURE you wouldn't be bored at this kind of job?" I assured them I wouldn't, not that it should matter. It's a JOB. Having a job that doesn't bore you to tears is a privilege.

Result: Actually got a call back saying I didn't get the job 3-4 weeks later.

I'm currently fulfilling an IT contract that ends soon, and figured, why the hell not check out ADP jobs again, and found a job that was the same title I had before, although it was a distinctly different role. I know I could do the job, after being trained of course. I didn't expect to need super extensive training, cause not only was the title the same, but the team that this job was for worked VERY closely with the team I worked with before. In fact, I even remember several of the people from that team. And the hiring manager is close with my previous boss. So there's NO WAY this job isn't mine, right?

Wrong. All I got was a phone screener who asked me questions that weren't relevant to the job, she was super nice and the vibe I got was that she liked me, but she was not the hiring manager. At the end of the call, she even said "and between you and me, welcome back to ADP"

Over a month has passed and I've heard NOTHING since. The position is still available and I've sent 2 polite business emails to the hiring manager. I've still heard nothing.

It boggles my mind how clueless not only HR people are, but apparently hiring managers. They've got their heads so far up their ass looking for the "perfect candidate" that they can't see that a person who worked closely with their team before at that company IS the perfect candidate.

So I don't have a degree, you shouldn't need a degree for jobs that you can easily be trained on. I have bills to pay, even if I could begin to afford a degree, there's no way I could afford to not work so I could go to school.

Fuck ADP.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

A Warning -- My Experience with ADP A Warning -- My Experience with ADP Reviewed by Louhi on mai 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.