23 in NYC, looking to get back into commission-enhanced sales role but could use some advice...

Hello everyone! I apologize for the length of this post ahead of time. I'm posting here as part of some collective research I'm doing into my career shift... Or "re-shift" as I'm calling it right now. As a person with just a handful of years experience in customer service and sales, I'd love any advice on industries I should look to get into for a career with a commission structure.

I was recently employed full-time in a warehouse for a major retail website. You all know the one. It was a job I took as a stop-gap to keep health insurance and a respectable enough wage to hold me over after my previous employer - an 8-figure construction company - refused to give me a raise or restructure my pay to include commissions for won contracts and/or operating cost reduction; something that had been agreed upon but never guaranteed to me and never materialized.

I've been out of an office customer service & sales role for about 8 months now but am eager to get back into it, as I feel that is more my calling and my passion than warehouse work could ever be.

I've considered re-entering the construction field as a salesperson for a supplier, as many of the big ones offer benefits packages, $18+ hourly wage plus commission. Then I've considered jumping into a new challenge and possibly selling cell phones or other technologies that are becoming more and more of a necessity in everyday life rather than luxury. I've also considered TV services.

I want to sell is what I'm trying to get across and I'm willing to get out of my comfort zone and learn something new while I'm young enough to start over. I'd rather not sell used cars out of rundown lot in Brooklyn personally but hey, like I said, willing to leave my comfort zone.

Unfortunately my Bachelor's degree is incomplete and on-hold indefinitely. I own a business that sees enough income to pay my bills and see me through this period of no day job - which I'll still need for the foreseeable future - but does not see enough income to fund furthering my education.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and I apologize in the highest possible terms if this is something that has been asked thousands of times before.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

23 in NYC, looking to get back into commission-enhanced sales role but could use some advice... 23 in NYC, looking to get back into commission-enhanced sales role but could use some advice... Reviewed by Louhi on mai 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.