When & How Should I Pursue Management?

I just began a job a week ago. It is the best paying job I've had, not great, but at 21 without a degree, very good. And it's also the first one that I'm enjoying and excited about right of the bat, and I don't just see as a job to pay the bills until I find something better. I really feel like I'm already pretty good at what I'm doing, and I could do it as a career.

The place I work at is about 30 minutes away, which is not bad, but they'll be opening a new site about 10 minutes away in about a year. I know they'll need management for my same department, and I an wanting to pursue that. I am already learning the ropes at this job, and noticing what my current manager is not doing as well that I could improve upon. In my 6 days of working there I've already learned a lot and completely revamped how we do our calendar, which has already proven to be very helpful.

I know showing initiative is good, but will they just laugh at me if I mention something to HR now? I'm not totally sure when they'll be doing a hiring process for the new facility and I don't want to miss out because I didn't speak up.

The other issue I have, is that I know my current manager is salaried. She works more than the rest of us, and doesn't get bonuses or overtime, so she basically makes less than me. If I can prove myself, and if they are interested in me for the position, I would like to remain hourly. What is the best way to go about negotiating that?

Thanks!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

When & How Should I Pursue Management? When & How Should I Pursue Management? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.