Question about promotions and raises

Hey r/jobs,

This is a throwaway account as I'm not sure whether my coworkers know my reddit account. I'm on mobile so excuse formatting etc.

I work at a small company, less than 10 people. I started there about 2016 making $15 taking customer support/service calls as well as answering emails. The job listing I applied to promised upward mobility several times throughout the description.

Over the years, my evaluations have been favorable and raises good, 8-10% each year. However, I haven't seen a single promotion in this time. Ive recently started taking on different reaponsibilities, but havent seen anything in the way of a proper promotion or change in job title.

Recently I was approached about taking over social media accounts dor the company. It kind of came out of the blue so when I was asked about it I wasn't outwardly super enthusiastic. I emailed my supervisor the next day saying I was glad to be considered for this and am excited at the idea of a promotion and being able to help more.

I got a response that "we all wear many hats here" and that they couldnt guarantee a pay raise unless I were able to draw in big numbers through social media efforts. We do black Friday sales each year and in that month we make enough revenue (no idea of profit) to cover every employee's yearly salary. It feels like I'm being given a carrot on a stick even after sticking around and showing I care about doing a good job. I mentioned that I just want the promises made in the job listing and hiring process to be kept, and i was told that my raises from my evaluation were sufficient.

So r/jobs, do I have a decent deal here or am I right to ask for more?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Question about promotions and raises Question about promotions and raises Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.