How do I explain to my employer that I’m potentially moving on?

I’m looking for some advice, this is my first time posting here so I apologize if this is the wrong subreddit to post in. Feel free to redirect me if that’s the case, if not I’d love to have some insight!

I’m 25 and have been working in the administrative field since 2015. I’ve been working for the same small business for 2 years now, and the pay is just a couple dollars over minimum wage where I live. There isn’t much room for promotions/improvement in the company, nor a chance of getting a raise. I’m struggling financially to make ends meet, and if it weren’t for my fiancé I would be a lot worse off.

Recently, I’ve been looking for other jobs and have been offered an interview with public service in my province. If I’m chosen for the job, it would be a pay raise of almost $10 per hour plus a full benefits package, and many other perks.

In the interview I will have to use my current employer as a reference. I have no doubt that she will give me a good reference; however, I am feeling very anxious about talking to her about leaving. I like my current job, and my boss and coworkers are super easy to get along with. I just don’t see myself staying there much longer for the low rate of pay I’m receiving, and this job opportunity (if I’m offered it) would open up so many doors for me. How do I explain to her that although I enjoy working there, I feel that it is time for me to move on and grow in my career?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I explain to my employer that I’m potentially moving on? How do I explain to my employer that I’m potentially moving on? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.