I think I'm expected to sleep with a businessman my roommate is friends with for a job

Hi reddit,

Tl;dr My roommate set me up with a businessman who was supposed to help me get a job. I met with him. He grabbed my ass. I think my roommate expects me to sleep with him and I don't want to piss her off or she may make me move at the end of the month.

I recently moved cities and have been looking for a job with little luck. Last week I landed a temporary part time job to tide me over but I still need a second or even third job to afford rent and to save up for college. My roommate is a professional woman with a very good job. She gave me the phone number of her friend who is a very successful businessman in this city with a lot of friends who own businesses. He called me this morning and asked to meet over lunch to discuss jobs I would be interested in. We met at a restaurant close to where I live. Everything seemed to be going well. Some of his friends own restaurants and he said they might be looking for waitresses. After lunch he offered to drive me home (about 3 minute drive) because it was raining. I accepted. When we got close to my apartment he asked if he could use my restroom. I agreed and we went into my apartment. Once inside he said something along the lines of "let me help you with your dresser." Which I assumed meant that he was willing to pick up the dresser I had bought from craigslist in his truck. I agreed and he pulled out a wad of $100 bills and handed me 2. I immediately realized the misunderstanding and tried to give the money back. He insisted that I keep it and gave me a hug. He kissed me on the cheek and made a move to kiss me on the mouth. I pushed away and just stood there hoping he would leave. He didn't and over the course of a few minutes hugged me several more times, pushing his crotch against me and resting his hands on my butt. I pulled away repeatedly but I didn't want to be rude. I asked him, "What do I have to do for this money?" He said, "Nothing." Eventually he left and as he was leaving told me not to tell my roommate. I agreed and locked the door behind him.

Last night my roommate had told me that I have to follow through with meeting him and show him that I really want the jobs. I assured her that I would follow through. At the time I thought she was just still annoyed at the last person she introduced to him who apparently didn't show up to their second meeting. I now think that she expects me to sleep with this man to get a job. I'm subletting this apartment and it is the only one close to my job for less than $1000/mo. I just moved in and I really don't want to have to move again. I'm afraid of being kicked out of the apartment after the current lease ends at the end of the month.

Is there a professional way to deal with this situation? I'm afraid that if I don't sleep with him he may make it impossible for me to get a job here.

Edit: I spoke to my roommate when she got home. She believed me but she was shocked that he treated me like this. She and I spoke about it for a few minutes and she says she doesn’t know how to respond and whether she should confront him or avoid him.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I think I'm expected to sleep with a businessman my roommate is friends with for a job I think I'm expected to sleep with a businessman my roommate is friends with for a job Reviewed by Louhi on avril 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.