I quit my job at a local video-rental store and he hasn't paid me yet

I need some help. A few months ago, I started working part-time for a video-rental store in my small town. There aren't a lot of people who come in for obvious reasons, but since my town is small enough to value local business, the owner has kept his head above water during the streaming era. Having grown up with the store, I also have a soft spot for the down-on-his-luck owner so, after being a long-term customer, I asked to fill out an application.

Even though the store is in a depressing state, the owner "Dave" told me he'd pay me $9.50/hr (Illinois pays $8.25 for minimum wage). So I start and work, on average, about 10 hours a week. Despite owning the store for over 30 years, Dave wasn't an organized boss. He didn't post a schedule or schedule me more than one shift at a time. Typically he would reach out 10pm the night before to ask if I could work the following day.

It was apparent that he was scraping pennies but I didn't think it would affect my pay because he confidently told me he'd pay $9.50. He started scheduling me less and wouldn't tell me when I'd get paid. After about a month of working maybe 10 shifts, and me threatening to quit, he finally paid me in cash (I never signed any tax documents or anything).

Since then, he scheduled me even less and grew more silent. After almost three weeks of silence on his end, I texted him asking if I could get paid and he said "Give me some time...I'm digging myself out of a deep hole". The next day I went in the store, returned the DVD I had, and quit. He told me he would still pay me the rough $160 he owes me but that was two weeks ago.

Since I have no legal obligation to him, what do I do? This has been a frustrating experience that I basically put myself in based on guilt for Dave and the dying video-store market. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I quit my job at a local video-rental store and he hasn't paid me yet I quit my job at a local video-rental store and he hasn't paid me yet Reviewed by Louhi on avril 19, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.