Expected to close alone when I was trained on it once

Last week I got a job working at a kind of convenience store in a big city. Before that, I worked as a freelance writer, selling things online, nothing in person since I was at college working at the student relations office about ten years ago.

For this new job, I came in on Friday and Saturday for training on opening and (opening again and) closing. So I opened sort of alone twice and just observed how to close once, but even then, we (me and the woman who trained me) started the process of closing early and were still there an hour after we should have been. Cleaning the coffee machines is extremely tricky, especially with all its small parts.

I got put on the schedule for this week, opening twice and closing once. I am as comfortable as I can be opening, but I am not comfortable closing, especially since I was only trained on it once and will have to do it alone. Also the woman who trained me told me a co-worker told her that when she was alone at night doing inventory, a man approached her to say a woman shouldn't be working at night by herself. She felt uncomfortable and threatened. Honestly, I am not comfortable working alone at closing after only being shown how once. And I know that I'll be there at least an hour and a half after I should be because I'll be alone and want to read through my notes and try to do everything right. I would like to master the closing process successfully so I can be calm and aware of my surroundings.

My manager (who works at another location across the country) asked me today (unprompted) ahead of my week if I am feeling uncomfortable about my schedule. I explained my concerns, which was basically everything I wrote above.

Am I wrong in thinking I should be trained how to close more than once? I don't feel confident at all and don't want to mess anything up especially since I won't have any in-person help. Is there anything else I could say to her? Thanks!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Expected to close alone when I was trained on it once Expected to close alone when I was trained on it once Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.