Assumed “additional duties” of a more senior employee in November but it’s getting to be too much.

Last June I was hired on contract for my first job out of college. I had no experience in the field. In November my more senior coworker took an unanticipated sick leave and I assumed their role. But now I’m realizing I may be in over my head and want to go back to my original position, especially due to the fact that I’ve recently discovered the employee who I have been covering for is never returning to work. I am a member of the union but there is no mention of assumption of additional duties in the collective agreement other than that if it’s a higher pay grade I must be properly compensated. I received no training and thought that once the coworker returned they could help with anything that fell through the cracks but now that they are never returning I am realizing that help is not going to arrive. I feel as if I never should have taken on the role as I am under qualified but felt if I could impress my employer by taking on additional duties they may decide to keep me around. That was a ridiculous thought because I have also recently discovered management is considering cutting positions in my department including the one I was originally hired in.

Basically my question is if I’m underperforming in the additional role and/or if I decide to discontinue the additional duties can I be let go? I was never even provided a job description for the additional role and probably wouldn’t have accepted if I had known all the implications.....

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Assumed “additional duties” of a more senior employee in November but it’s getting to be too much. Assumed “additional duties” of a more senior employee in November but it’s getting to be too much. Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.