How to properly handle a wrongful demotion?

Background: I’ve worked for a Fortune 500 company for the past 2 years. This company has a leadership development program for recent college grads to rise through the ranks rapidly. These recent grads typically have no job experience and are not graded on merit, ability or any form of quantifiable metrics, but are guaranteed movement and promotion. I’m not in this program, but I am a recent college grad with a lot of ambition and skill in my field. I’m consistently ranked at the top in whatever I’m asked to do and in October 2018 I was promoted to a better position where I could be challenged.

This week: On Tuesday, the performance metrics came out and I was the #1 employee in every quantifiable category in my new department. However, on Thursday I was informed that I would have to go back to my old job (which is miserable) for no other reason than management needs my seat for one of the leadership development employees and I’m the least tenured in the department.

My question: To me this is not only a slap in the face, but also embarrassing and a message to all employees showing who really are important for the company. The past couple of days have been really tough for my mental health. How should I react? Do I leave the company? Do I leave before or after finding a job? Should I wait it out in hopes of another opportunity? Has anyone been through something similar to this? Am I reading into this the wrong way?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to properly handle a wrongful demotion? How to properly handle a wrongful demotion? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 31, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.