Accepted a job. It kind of sucks. Should I try to make the best of it or try to follow up on a potential opportunity with another company?

Sorry it’s long! Thanks for advice.

I accepted a job and started only a week ago but it’s clear this company is a bit of a mess.

This was through a recruiter who I contacted. To be fair he was really great and I thought out of all of the recruiters I spoke with he was the best and understood my needs.

When interviewing the job was put on hold because technically they didn’t need to hire anyone but they liked me. After the new year I was told they “opened up space for me specifically” and made an effort to get budget approved for an extra hire. However, when I arrived it seemed like I was actually just replacing someone (but maybe they quit after I was given an offer).

This company produces good work somehow but they have people with higher titles that seem incompetent at their job. There is almost zero communication amongst team members, we are supposed to work on projects together and yet everyone works individually and somehow it all gets thrown together? There’s no middle ranking leadership, only the big boss and everyone else just manages themselves regardless of title. A couple actually good coworkers ending up ranting to me about how it really works and said its only because of a few competent people who take over, produce good ideas, and make sure it all gets done.

So anyway, it’s totally not what I was expecting. I was expecting to go somewhere where I could grow (I’m still new in my field) under strong leadership/mentorship and work in a team. Now it seems I’ll have to figure things out for myself and fight to prove my worth and hope that in this way it’ll be easier to get recognition and a promotion.

However, right before I joined the new company I ended up being contacted by a high level manager in a different company. We met, he said they have an urgent position to fill, I didn’t bring my resume/portfolio (silly of me but I sent it later), and I told him I was sorry but I already accepted an offer at new company but was glad to make a connection with him for the future.

Should I just accept the bed I’ve made and figure out how to work with this new company and their very inefficient system and try to stick it out for at least a year?

Should I even attempt to contact the manager from the other company and see if they are still looking to fill their position and see if they like me?

I’m also afraid of burning bridges if I left, my industry is big but in my city everyone in this field knows of everyone.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Accepted a job. It kind of sucks. Should I try to make the best of it or try to follow up on a potential opportunity with another company? Accepted a job. It kind of sucks. Should I try to make the best of it or try to follow up on a potential opportunity with another company? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 31, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.