How important is a social media profile? Should I link my Xing/LinkedIn to a "reputable" blog of mine?
Hi!
So I'm looking for my first job after university and if you google my name you'll only find my Xing and Linkedin. I do have other social media profiles, of course, but not under my real name. I did find a flyer about "Branding Yourself" and social media trends for job hunters and companies looking for candidates. So I wonder if I should have some website for HR people reviewing my profile. I play classical music and have an online practice diary which I could link. Shows how disciplined, determined, blabla I am. Should I link that to my Xing/LinkedIn? I do feel kinda stupid doing that though - I'm not even any good at playing music and don't want to look pretentious. But I do want to make a good impression and I've heard that people nowadays find it suspicious if they can't find you somewhere on the interwebs.
So if you would argue in favour of linking that profile - would that still stand if I mention that I wear tatoos and piercings in those videos? Naturally they're not visible on my CV picture (they're mandatory here) etc but I do wear them in private.
What do you think? Do you give recruiters something to look at or is it just your professional profile on those websites?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: