Hello,
I am a first semester senior(graduating in December 2019) at a well regarded private university(think Emory, Wash u St Louis, USC, Tufts) majoring in history-much to my dismay. I had originally planned to apply to the business school, however due to some circumstances including a semester off related to mental health issues, me hating financial accounting when I took it(a pre req for admission), and not having a strong enough mathematical background to do well in calculus(also a pre req for admission) lead me to choose a liberal arts major that I had some interest in. I enjoy history, but I feel that majoring in it has severely limited my career paths. It only seems to me that it was a waste to put my efforts to getting into a school of this caliber, because I see that most people at schools that would be considered "much less elite" who study business get jobs that I simply cannot get. Anyway, enough of my complaining. After college, I would like to work in a business related field, ideally consulting, business development, or something business related.
As of now, for my final internship, I have a few options on the table. It appears that there is a good chance that I am going to receive an offer from a large executive search firm(think Korn Ferry, Spencer Stuart, Egon Zehnder). I don't want to be a recruiter after college, but these executive search firms seem to sell themselves on providing interns with exposure to lots of different career paths. Additionally, I have been getting a decent amount of interviews for advertising and PR firms and just received an offer for a strategy internship. Consulting internships at this point are off the table. Anyway, here is my question. Of the three fields that I have options in, the ones that seem to not mind my major, advertising, crisis management PR, and executive search summer analyst positions, which do you think would put me in the best position upon graduation to be both competitive for consulting and general business type roles, and also which would be the best learning experience for someone that ultimately wants to work in business?
P.S. it had always been my dream to work in real estate development, however I realize that that is not really going to be an option until I get my MBA so i'm just asking about what would put me in the best position to work in business in general. Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to respond.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: