Offered a job I am not Qualified for... advice?

Hello,

This is a throwaway because real account might be known.

So here is my current situation. I am a computer technician at a school with 6 years of experience, I enjoy my job very much but also am always looking for opportunities to improve myself and further my career.

I was recently contacted by a former coworker that asked if I would apply to a system engineer job at his place of employment. The posting was for a senior engineer, and he was the junior engineer at company. He was applying for the senior engineer position, and if he did get the position they would be pulling from the applicants to fill the junior position. This junior position seemed a little challenging with my current skill set, but I did very will in the interview and feel like I would be able to hold that position. It would be a challenge and would require me to put in some extra effort to do, but the junior seemed like a good fit especially because I could rely on the senior engineer if i needed assistance.

I received a call today that not only offered me the job, but it offered me the the senior engineer position. My former coworker is no longer taking the position because they got a better job opportunity elsewhere. They expressed that they would like me to take the senior level position if i was comfortable with it. They expressed that they would be okay if I wanted take the junior level position instead, and they could find someone else to fit the position above me.

They expressed that they were interested in me over other candidates that were more qualified for the job because of my attitude and prior experience in the field. I fear that this might be biting off a little more than I can chew, but also do not want to turn down such a opportunity. If I took the junior level position I would be more comfortable, but who knows when that spot could be open again when I want it.

I know this Is a bit of a long read and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read it.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Offered a job I am not Qualified for... advice? Offered a job I am not Qualified for... advice? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 03, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.