Bait and Switched at the interview, is this what employment at 2018 has come to?

I am blown away.

I accepted an interview for an admin assistant position at an insurance company. The hiring manager called me and did a phone interview with me last week. At one point, she asked me what my salary expectations were, I said 38k-40k. The job was advertised as a full time position, Mon-Fri, with benefits.

I get to the interview today and met with the same hiring manager who called me. It was your typical interview where I was asked about my previous experience, why I wanted to work for them, etc. She describes the role to me and suddenly it's very different than described:

  • instead of 38k-40k/year, she offered me $15/hr.
  • no benefits, it's also a contract position for an indefinite amount of time-- it could be 2-3 months or longer, but she doesn't know because it depends on how long the insurance project/case takes
  • job would be at another location (job was presented as working at the location I interviewed at), not a huge deal but would have liked to know this prior as I already would have a 40-45 minute commute as it is
  • job is for an affiliated insurance company, not the company advertised, despite the hiring manager assuring me I would indeed be an employee of the advertised company on the job ad, so not 100% sure how this would work... at this point, I'm too afraid to ask lol

The hiring manager was kind and polite, but to be honest the job was not presented to me as it was on the advertisement or over the phone. I'm a new grad, I'm not expecting to make big $$ right away, but I didn't expect to be baited and switched like that.

Luckily, I recently accepted a full time position a few minutes away from me, with even better benefits than my previous company. I was interviewing for this admin assistant position because I wanted to see my options and would have taken it because the job is more related to my field.

Has this happened to anyone else? I feel like interviews are totally unpredictable nowadays.

ETA: Title should say 'in 2018', whoops

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Bait and Switched at the interview, is this what employment at 2018 has come to? Bait and Switched at the interview, is this what employment at 2018 has come to? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 19, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.