Should I quit this project I’m not being paid for?

Lots of context here, but I’ll try to blaze through it as efficiently as I can.

I recently quit my job at an agency where I was responsible for a project that I had pitched and sold to a client. This particular project required some niche knowledge that only I had at the agency and so I ran point on it from the beginning; meetings with the client, producing the content, etc.

When I resigned, I knew they would be unable to complete the project without my help and that I wanted to see it through to completion. I put in my resignation letter that I was committed to working on this project in particular, even past my resignation date. I did not discuss any details about expectations for compensation, but in my own head assumed that since I would be continuing to put time into this project, I would be paid for that time.

On my last day I was bullied into agreeing to complete the project without being compensated. A variety of reasons were brought up, from saying that I was given generous vacation time because I “always deliver” and that I had set an expectation of doing whatever it takes (sleeping at the office, late nights with adderall, etc.) to finish. At no point did I say that I was “okay” with this situation, but consistently said I cared about the client and wanted to make sure it was delivered, so I would do what was necessary.

Now, 2 weeks past my resignation, I’m still working on this project and it’s not only affecting my ability to make money for myself, but it’s also affecting my mental health. My anxiety has been through the roof about getting it completed and looking at my bank account while I continue to commit unpaid hours to this project.

There’s the added twist that since I brought the project to the table I received a commission for it on top of my salary, but the commission structure pays out 50% of the commission upon contract and 50% upon completion, so there’s still the remaining half that is owed to me. I’m sure they will say that’s my pay for finishing the project, when it has always been considered separate from my salary in the past, as I do not work in sales, but the actual services offered.

I really want to go back in and tell the agency that I cannot continue to do this project without compensation. I feel like doing this will make me look really bad and can’t explain why I’m scared of this confrontation. Any advice would be appreciated.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I quit this project I’m not being paid for? Should I quit this project I’m not being paid for? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 29, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.