How to convey my interest in a field I did not get a major in, or get a job in either? I can't get a job in Civil or Environmental Engineering... (USA)
Good afternoon,
I may be breaking Rule 3, "No resume critiques". While I agree, I feel I have more questions than just that, and is a culmination of things.
I am a Civil Engineering student who graduates in 1 month. I unfortunately have a GPA of 2.98 overall, but with this semesters classes, and a class being removed I should have a GPA of 2.99 or 3.0. Either way, I want to get my Masters in Environmental Engineering starting next Fall. However, I need a job first.
In engineering many firms will pay for some or all of a Masters. However, I'm struggling to get a job anywhere. I have applied to about 30 locations, have gotten responses from 3, and a follow up from 1. I will not receive an offer from that one, b/c I asked if I could expand my knowledge in the Environmental field. (Apparently this ended up being a mistake.)
- I don't know what is wrong??? Is it my Resume? I have had multiple people review my resume over the years... (Posted below w/out my personal information.)
Am I being to straight forward with companies? Should I just not mention my desire to get a Masters in Environmental Engineering? Are there just not enough jobs for someone who has a "low" GPA in this field to get a job? Why do companies have me enter my information both in a resume, and on their website?
- Or am I just that unappealing that after personality surveys I just don't get an email back?
I don't like those stupid personality surveys. However, I take them honestly... and they never go well. I don't mind working in teams, but would prefer to fly more solo. I'm quiet, but assertive if I feel something needs to be said. However, I don't know how to correct this. Maybe y'all have some ideas.
- Assuming I get my foot in the door, is it what I wear or how I act?
I always wear Khakis, a blue blazer, a button down, dress shoes, and a tie. I have a full suit, but I'm trying to look like I want the job, not like I'm desperate for one. Maybe I'm wrong.
I wear my nice long sleeve button down with the sleeves rolled and tucked under my blazer. (Like this) I enter the room remove my blazer, so that I don't sweat... its hot where I live. I then take a seat with my blazer hanging off the back of the chair, and my sleeves are still rolled. I'm comfortable, and I don't feel like I've been pulled into questioning by the police. My answers are jumbled and confusing if I did not expect the long weird type of interview questions. (Obviously, I need to practice those.) Or well thought out if its questions like "How would you solve a dispute?".
- Should I just start "harassing" them at this point? (That is a joke, "follow up" sounds better.)
If they contact me once, I reply, and then they never respond. I think I should just call them to check. Am I correct on this one?
- I'm just discouraged at this point
I thought my current internship would offer me a job afterwards, but they will not have a position for me for the next 6 months. And... even though I love the atmosphere, even I have to agree that the job is not the long term position I would be looking for. I'm just tired of applying to places that seem to not want me, or bait me with one email then never reply.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: