"Don't Come In Today"

I'm on the schedule to work today and just got a message from a coworker, right before the start of my shift, saying that they are "way over labor tonight," and that the managers told him to tell me not to come in.

The current manager of the store has proven several times over that he can not competently run a store and makes exceptionally poor decisions, such as refusing to throw out product that is significantly past its use by date and forcing the crew to serve potentially tainted food to customers. The schedule was posted on Monday, but since Tuesday morning it has been locked in the office and is littered with ad hoc revisions that needed to be made because he can't be bothered to double-check people's availability. None of the crew has had access to any revisions to the schedule, so if my hours were changed then I would have had no way to know until I got that message just a few minutes ago. If they have too many labor hours, it is because he either added too many people to the schedule or called extra employees in earlier in the day.

I have every confidence that he has no idea how to do his job, but I must ask, is there any sort of law or labor code saying that he can or can't cut me out of the schedule with virtually zero notice? From what I can find with a quick Google, employers can *terminate* an employee at any time for any reason, but they are required to give at least one weeks' notice of any *changes* to their schedule.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

"Don't Come In Today" "Don't Come In Today" Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 19, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.