I've been employed as an administrative assistant at a college in Chicago for about 3 months. I work in the President's office, which is a very small department-- I have no peers and 3 bosses, so there is a very "top heavy" power dynamic. My bosses have never seemed happy with my work, but they never seem unhappy with my work either. It's not complicated work, and I always do what they tell me to do and quickly. I arrive 15 minutes early every day. I'm nice to everyone, say hi and make small talk, and have a good relationship with coworkers that I see on a regular basis.
I usually do not see my bosses. They tend to stay away entirely or yell and micromanage. They sometimes call the other administrative assistants "fucking idiots" and stuff like that. One boss made the other boss cry in my first few weeks. One boss called me "deceptive" after she went on vacation in my third week of work and I didn't respond to her email quickly enough, because another one of the bosses also went on vacation at the exact same time and also dumped a huge project on me with very little training.
Last week, one of the three bosses started screaming at me. A board meeting was ending, and I stood outside and waited for everyone to exit before entering and beginning to clean. I was told by another of the three bosses that I should not interrupt the board members. The screaming boss told me that I should have asked her instead of assuming and that she did not want to speak to me for the rest of the day. I said "I'm sorry, moving forward I know that I can interrupt to begin cleaning after meetings."
Anyway, today, two of the bosses were in this secretive meeting. I noticed little discrepancies in things they were saying... I don't know, I just had a weird feeling. I could see on one boss's calendar that the "meeting" was titled "Interview: (person's name) - EA." It was scheduled in a meeting room two floors above me. I feel like this is definitely them interviewing my replacement right? EA = executive assistant? My title is administrative assistant. I'm not sure what to do. I knew pretty much as soon as they started calling the other administrative assistants names that the environment wasn't the best. I can't concentrate or work, because I'm panicking and trying to keep from crying. What's going on? And how do I protect myself?
tldr Bosses were in a secret meeting today. I saw on one of their calendars that it was an interview. The department is small and I'm one of the only possibilities unless it's completely unrelated to my department.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: