I need to vent...

The other day I had a flat tire on my work vehicle (I drive around to bars and repair/service jukeboxes, video games, etc), I discovered there was no spare tire in the car.

Called my manager, told him the situation, he was immediately very upset with me because I "did not fill out the vehicle inspection form properly". (I filled out this form about 4 months ago, usually every 6 months) I let it slide off my back cause I don't like conflict.

I found a Firestone that was open on xmas-eve and pumped the tire up for the trip. They inspected it and said they could not patch it because the tread was so low, I would have to buy a new tire. Which I did with my own credit card and filled out the required expense report to get reimbursed.

So, today he called me while I was at a location to tell me that the boss (owner of the co) was very angry with me for this, and wants me to no longer be able to drive the work vehicle home at night since apparently I can't take proper care of it. From now on I am supposed to drive my own car to work, then take the company car to do my runs for the day.

I got to thinking about this frustrating situation, and honestly do not recall missing anything on that form, so I double checked; NOWHERE on that form is 'spare tire' even mentioned. I wonder how many of the other techs have no spare tire?

So, I wrote a polite email to my manager letting him know I did not screw up the form and that spare tire is never even mentioned. That was 2 hours ago and have not heard back from him yet.

I realize I probably should have thought to check the spare, but it never occurred to me.

I am sullenly hoping to get an apology tomorrow, but it probably wont happen. It kinda sux because for the most part, I really like this job. I get to be alone out on the road, driving around and fixing stuff, and, for the most part, I don't have to deal with coworkers very much.

I am very stressed out and took a xanax to calm my nerves. I have already updated my resume and will start to look for a new job tomorrow if I don't get an apology.

So, what does reddit think? opinions? conjecture? comments?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I need to vent... I need to vent... Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 26, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.