Career change

Looking for general advice about a career change. Longer version below but basically, I hate my job, I'm desperate to leave, but I work in a very insider-y field and have no idea how to start looking beyond it. Any and all advice or experience welcome.

I've been working in a creative industry for three years. It's very competitive, underpaid, cliquish, etc. I was aware of that generally going in but have found the reality of it incredibly demoralizing and dehumanizing. My current job, I am expected to be online at all hours, to work nights and weekends, and am routinely verbally abused by my supervisors, including personal comments about my appearance, my taste, and so on. One of my supervisors is incredibly overwhelmed at her job and regularly tells me that she has suicidal ideation or complains at length about how she works nonstop. To top it all off, I found out that another coworker, who is younger and less experienced than me, was hired for significantly more money.

I interviewed for dozens of jobs and did several internships before I got my first job. People were rude to me during interviewers - one senior person interviewing me mocked my voice right to my face - and also ghosted multiple times even after doing extensive work tests and samples (we're talking hours of prep while I was working two jobs / 6 days a week).

I am incredibly anxious and depressed and constantly stressed for money. This industry is hard to move up in so would continue to be an uphill battle. It doesn't seem worth it to keep trying, but changing careers feels so daunting to me and I'm afraid I would have to start all over again with internships or cold applying for months. But I'm in my 20s and I see a lot of older people struggling with the same problems and who feel even more trapped. So maybe this is the time to do it.

Has anyone done a complete career pivot without going back to school? How do you start to look for jobs or network in a totally different field? How do you figure out what's a better job than what you have? I know everything about my own industry, what to look out for, who's a bad boss, etc., but I have no idea how to start building that knowledge and skill set otherwise.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Career change Career change Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 31, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.