How bad is it to leave a job after two months?

I'm looking for some advice and opinions on how bad it is to leave a job after only two months.

I've recently started working at my first job after graduating with a bachelor's degree in Business Administration. While still in school, I interviewed around, and accepted a job that hired me right after I earned my degree.

I was under the impression that the job was in finance, and that the role would involve technical work, and that I could develop my knowledge of regulations and working in an office setting, in other words, I thought it would be a good entry-level job to take as a first step in the business world.

I quickly realized that the job was not quite what I understood it to be. It's really just a call center job taking non-stop phone calls, mainly for resetting passwords on the company website. Employees are also expected to turn these password reset calls into a sales opportunity by convincing callers to speak to a salesman about buying more products from the company.

As anyone reading this can tell I'm sure, the job is quite unpleasant, and has nothing to do with anything I've studied, nor does it seem to offer any opportunity for me to acquire valuable experience, so I see little reason to stay with the company for any longer.

My question here is, how bad will it look to prospective employers that I am attempting to leave this job after about two months? Should I try to stick it out longer just to avoid the perception that I am a job-hopper?

Some relevant info here is that the company I work for, which I am not naming for obvious reasons, is a huge name in the finance industry. I am not necessarily committed to only working in finance though, and will likely be applying to positions in other industries.

As far as my past work experience before this job, the shortest period of time I worked somewhere was 13 months, and my longest lasting job I held for 5 years. I'm hoping employers will see that this quick job change is not normal for me based on my work history.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How bad is it to leave a job after two months? How bad is it to leave a job after two months? Reviewed by Louhi on février 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.