Big Decision Times - Work Part time and go back to school?

Forgive the long post, I'll include a tldr but I wanna make sure I include all the details.

So I just entered my 30s and these past 10ish years. I've done a lot of different things but mainly retail. I have a bachelor's degree in psych but that hasn't really helped me along any. The pandemic has gotten me thinking about where I want to be in 10 years.

My experience is that retail is all smoke and mirrors. Skeleton Crews, maximized to work the most and rest the least. Heck, it's the norm for people to just skip their breaks. The pay isn't enough to live on without being frugal even in management , yada yada. I don't think I have to go into a thousand details on why retail isn't the best job.

So here's my idea. I plan to drop retail full time for several months to a year. Hopefully pick up something part time that can give around 30 ish hours a week and go to trade school to learn something. I've had a lot of ideas thrown at me from social work to nursing to going into IT, that's still in the works but the more I think about it. The more I'm gungho about this idea.

I have some a good amount of savings that even without a part time, I think I can last around 4 months. (But I would want that part time). The biggest hurdle would be health insurance. If I were to get sick (Especially during Covid). This could turn around real fast or if I can't place a job quickly enough but I feel strongly that staying in retail isn't leading me down any good path.

Does anyone have any good experiences of advice before I dump my full time job.

TLDR: Thinking of dropping a stable retail income to live on savings and go back to school to get a marketable skill.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Big Decision Times - Work Part time and go back to school? Big Decision Times - Work Part time and go back to school? Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 27, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.