Is it appropriate to quit a job that furloughed me after 2 weeks?

I've averaged about 3 years at each of my last 3 jobs. At the start of the year my job told me they were closing all retail locations. I managed a retail store. We had about 100 locations nationwide. The closures would come in waves and they would give us a severance package if we stayed until the end. The pandemic hit and they company actually kept all of us at regular pay for 3 months until the state allowed a soft opening.

In the interim if found another job that wanted me to start right away but I told them I'd need another month to allow me to fulfill my commitment. They agreed and I started the new gig the week following my store's closing. I spent a week in training when I was told the governor had ordered malls closed again. My boss kept me on for another week ostensibly to finish my training but honestly I was just doing stock work.

I've now been furloughed for about 3 months and I'm getting antsy. I honestly don't remember much of the "training" they imparted. I have lots of unemployment still coming to me but I'm not making anywhere near what I used to. I can live off it but I honestly don't want to. I want to work again. Is it inappropriate to find another job? I feel like I'll be leaving my current boss in a bad spot I hate to burn bridges but I'm going crazy just staying home.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Is it appropriate to quit a job that furloughed me after 2 weeks? Is it appropriate to quit a job that furloughed me after 2 weeks? Reviewed by Louhi on septembre 26, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.