Should I quit the job I love?

I've been loyal to my animal sales job of 2.5 years, and I have been repeatedly told by management that I am their best employee. Out of everyone in my store, I am the only one who goes out of my way to exceed store goals. I participate in competitions, have never been written up, always punctual; and, since I basically know the store inside and out, management has other employees refer to me for help. I even went out of my way to obtain certifications in animal care and pet nutrition (the latter is extremely important to our business).

I was recently approached by a luxury pet kennel service for a position. They wanted me to come in for an interview later this week to discuss a job, and I agreed.

I just want to get some opinions. Am I jumping the gun by quitting?

Here are some of my main concerns:

  • Despite all of the duties that I'm expected to perform, I get paid less than the minimum starting wage of a Taco Bell employee ($9/hr). I think that speaks for itself.
  • I was being trained up for a management position in December of 2018. My store manager quit and left me hanging. Assistant store manager did not go through with the promotion for undisclosed reasons. Instead, they chose to hire from the outside.
  • My most recent raise was a year ago. The raise was a twenty-three cent raise, and corporate claimed that it was the highest raise anyone in my store had earned that year.
  • I was once again approached for a promotion by the new store manager, just two months ago. He said that he would talk to our district manager and get the ball rolling. He said that I deserved a raise for all of my hard work. The next day, he was transferred to another store, and the position was yet again given to someone from the outside. Still no word from the assistant manager as to why. Keep in mind, my assistant manager and I have always been on great terms.
  • What was the straw that broke the camel's back? Oh, well, I recently discovered that a kid straight out of high school is making $2/hr more than me! With no relevant experience whatsoever! Same position and everything! Not only that, but management complains to me about her ineptitude all the time. I know that it's an awful thing to admit, but when they complain to me, I can't help but think: "then why is she making more than me?"

I don't know. I just feel taken advantage of. The problem is, I really love my job. A lot. So if they make an attempt to negotiate with me when I turn in my two weeks, do you even think that it's worth pursuing it? Or do you think that this trend will continue?

Thanks everyone!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I quit the job I love? Should I quit the job I love? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.