Should I leave or put up with it?

3 months ago I started my first job at a PR agency that was once hailed one of the most successful agencies back in the day. I was told during the interview that the workplace is non-political, and as long as everyone did their job, things would be fine. There are only 4 staff now; a general manager, a part-timer, an admin, and myself - and of course, the boss. I am on probation for 6 months, and my pay is below minimum.

During my first few weeks I was excited and determined to finally put all those years of education into use. It was fun. I lead important pitches, proposals, and other tasks within my job scope. As the boss started to get comfortable with me, they'd personally take me on client meetings with them so it made me feel rather special. I came to find that these clients were typically friends of theirs and these "meetings" were actually get-togethers for them to have wine and sandwiches while they talk about their first-world problems, occasionally asking for petty favors, to which then I would have to note down and follow up with. They (boss and friends) make me get food, serve drinks, and clean up after them once they're done.

My boss owns a fashion brand as well, and I assume because of my previous experience with managing clothes in retail, they expect me to handle it too (because hey, it saves money, why not?) - from social media content creation for the brand, to coordinating photo shoots and runways, organizing their clothes (labeling, pricing, etc), styling models, and everything outside the agency I had signed up for.

They would text me during the weekends and public holidays, demanding that I do things like make restaurant reservations for them.

My colleagues and I get along fine and they're equally frustrated about the situation, so I asked questions to get to know more about the company, and as time went on they shared stories of what it's been like working there and what typically happens in the workplace. I found that none of the staff have ever been granted overtime pay. The general manager has been with the company since it first started 20 years ago, and they are overwhelmingly underpaid for someone with that many years of experience and have not been received an increment over the past couple of years. The boss would scream at them in front of clients or their friends.

We moved office recently and all 4 of us were made to move everything ourselves. The boss was reluctant to hiring movers, because "it's a waste of money" and "that's what we're here for". It has always been this way, making the turnover pretty high.

I know not every job is perfect, and I am extremely grateful for these experiences as a first job, but I find it rather unfulfilling and unnecessary to be running around for something I hadn't initially signed up for.

TL;DR - My boss is chaotic, unprofessional, has no boundaries, and makes me work and perform tasks outside of my job scope. I did not sign up to be PA but I am treated like one. It has only been 3 months. Should I put up with this because "experience" or leave?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I leave or put up with it? Should I leave or put up with it? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.