Should I assume I won't get an offer?

Hi all,

I applied to a European company in Asia. The local office is rather small with only 12 people at the moment, and has been busy expanding headcount this year.

I recently did my 2nd and final round "meet the teammate" interview. I think I did overall good, although there were a couple of questions where I mumbled slightly.

Two potential teammates were interviewing me, with the office head/manager sitting in the side.

He didn't ask any questions to me in the second round, but when I asked questions to the teammates, he did add onto the teammates' responses in detail.

I have mixed messages, and not sure if I didn't get the job.

Some good signs

- He always replied to my thank-you message; not sure if simply being polite but at least not a bad sign.

- When I asked questions during "do you have any questions", he responded in detail including "what kind of task the office will be doing at this hour, etc". He spent decent effort and time responding to my question, which is a good sign

Some of bad signs

- He looked at his phone for about 3 minutes during 40 minute interview. To be fair, he was not asking any questions and he may have urgent business to do, but being distracted is not a good sign

- When I asked "What are the next steps", he said this is the final round and he "will let [me] know soon". When I asked around when I can expect the notice, and he replied "up to 2 weeks, but let me know if other companies offer me a job so that I can make quick decisions"

- When I asked "are there any candidates that may start at a similar time" (since the company is expanding this year), he responded that "recruitment is an ongoing process where the company hires only if they see a suitable candidate"

I don't know the world of recruitment, but as the office manager/head, I believe he has power to make hiring decisions without big bureaucracies. So I am concerned about the longer-than-average timeline, which is 2 weeks.

I did really like the job, and prepared hard for the interview.

In your opinion, should I give up on the offer?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I assume I won't get an offer? Should I assume I won't get an offer? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 29, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.