Really behind at dream job and it's been weeks, should I work with my team's manager to fix it or fix it myself?

TL;DR See title, but it's been a year since I started, and weeks since things have been going wrong. Anything else to remedy current situation would be greatly appreciated.

I’m nearing a year into my first job, my dream job. I’ve been working after hours every weekday and weekend for weeks to try to fix multiple mistakes that I've made over the last few weeks.

  • I’ve accidentally abandoned projects before finishing them,
  • had projects have their scope change drastically out of nowhere that I had to redo,
  • had to redo projects because I made some bad decisions with them,
  • have a backlog of necessary updates that grows faster than I can finish them,
  • and I’m having a hard time keeping up.

It feels like I’m not seeing the forest for the trees with the amount of suggestions and changes that my work has to go through before it’s either approved or worked on. It’s almost like I have no idea what I’m doing, and on certain projects that's definitely the case.

My mentor coworker on my team wants me to work on it without announcement. That would be fine if other teams didn't need my incomplete projects to be finished and I don't know how to complete these incomplete projects. Thankfully, I've avoided that embarrassment until now, but I'm afraid it won't last.

Living in fear that my incompetence becomes more than just a verbal, unwritten complaint; but I feel too paralyzed and embarrassed to say anything about it, especially since it won't affect just me but my mentor as well, since he's responsible for my cultivation.

What exactly should I do?

  • Should I go over every project and what went wrong with them, and then provide a plan and timeframe for how to get each one done, even if it’ll hinder my colleagues (but what if they tell upper management who thinks I'm doing fantastic)?
  • Should I only go over the ones I know I can't get done in time (but what if priorities change out of nowhere)?
  • Should I speak with my mentor again to try to convince him otherwise?
  • Or should I just stay silent and hope that I can pull things together without anyone noticing?
  • Or maybe they have noticed but are waiting for me to say something about it?
  • Are there any other things or methods I can put into action to help prevent something like this from ever happening again?
usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Really behind at dream job and it's been weeks, should I work with my team's manager to fix it or fix it myself? Really behind at dream job and it's been weeks, should I work with my team's manager to fix it or fix it myself? Reviewed by Louhi on avril 30, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.