Seeking college advice

Continuing my second semester of college as a freshman its come to the time for major decisions. I currently am attending Purdue University and am enrolled under their first year engineering program that every freshman is apart of for their first year. The goal of the program is to help narrow down decisions, so come February their mindset is more clear. I personally am unsure about how I feel considering my 2 major considerations and am seeking some advice to help clarify a few topics.

Currently after completing my first semester at Purdue I have earned a 4.0 as my GPA. The major I am most considering (Aero/Astro Engineering) is the most competitive program at Purdue to be placed in. I am trying to maintain a high GPA regardless of which major I choose however this is a factor in my decision.

Aero/Astro:

I am going to begin with why I am interested in Aero/Astro as I think this is the key focus of my decision. I have always had a passion towards space and building rockets. Just like every other witty and smart student I have the dream to work at Nasa/Spacex. However, with my new courses that I have taken, I have found that I have been enjoying my programming courses more than my physics courses which is a slight concern. I understand that I'm in a basic "weed out" modern mechanics course however will physics in Aerospace become more clear and interesting as I progress throughout the major? Is working at a large company such as the 2 listed feasible? My main concern is if I would fail to land a job at one of these large companies that the Aerospace degree would be quite useless compared to another degree. I have read through various articles how Aerospace is a risky field to be involved in considering job placement. However, I still am in love with the thought of building and designing rockets.

Computer Engineering:

Ever sense I was a child I was fascinated by computers and even built my own, and taking various coding classes in college I have found that I do enjoy coding. However, computer science is not easy to transfer into at Purdue and frankly I would like to stay in the engineering field. But the various electrical engineering requirements needed to complete a computer engineering degree seems distasteful to me as I would want to be more software focused with coding. I would also aspire to work a FAANG type company and am wondering how attainable this is. Aerospace seems more like my passion however how much programming can be involved or is it just pure physics? Is computer engineering just a sought after as computer science? What are the job situations like in both Aero and Computer engineering?

Overall Thoughts:

I am truly as a split end. I just as any person is concerned about money, which I know is foolish because engineering is a high paying field. However I look to make around 200k at the end of my career which I am unsure is possible in these 2 fields alone. I am worried making the wrong decision with lead to regrets in the future with a possible useless major to my and am seeking advice about these 2 majors and suggestions. Thank you for all of your feed back.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Seeking college advice Seeking college advice Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.