Regret getting a degree in communications & marketing, every job posting has ridiculous qualifications/requirements or is secretly sales, I don't know what to do

I graduated in 2019 with a degree in communications & marketing and have been struggling to land an entry level job since, and covid has only made things harder. For context I am in the Washington DC area, so it's not like there's a lack of jobs, there's just tons of competition. I swear to god every job posting I see, even for just associate positions, have such ridiculous qualifications and requirements. They expect you to be this crazy skills monkey that knows how to do everything from knowing how to manage several different social media platforms, AND several different sales and crm platforms, AND be a graphic design wiz, AND 5-10 years of hard experience. Yes I know even if I don't meet all these requirements I should still apply. And that's what I've been doing, applying applying applying and trying to keep up and learn these new skills these companies want, and I still can't get anything. I've had my cover letter and resume looked over and revised countless times and still nothing. I try reaching out and networking only to talk people who can't really help me or I just get ignored.

It's either ridiculous qualifications and requirements, or they bring you in just to realize it's just a scummy sales job disguised as marketing. I'm so tired of this rat race and the longer time goes by where I'm unemployed, the worse it looks for me to employers especially as a new grad, and it seems like this field really emphasizes recent and relevant experience. My internships don't count for crap.

It feels impossible to break into my field, the longer it takes the worst my chances seem to get, and I can't afford to relocate somewhere else. And every other field I'm considering either requires education that I can't afford right now, or is mostly a field of passion and doesn't pay well unless you become successful. Specifically I mean working in culinary/baking, but the restaurant industry seems screwed to hell because of covid dragging on for this long. I just don't know what to do anymore.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Regret getting a degree in communications & marketing, every job posting has ridiculous qualifications/requirements or is secretly sales, I don't know what to do Regret getting a degree in communications & marketing, every job posting has ridiculous qualifications/requirements or is secretly sales, I don't know what to do Reviewed by Louhi on février 18, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.