Position hopping worth short term gains or bad in long run?

So I have been position and agency hopping for better pay, but technically it’s all within the same state government system so I am still building seniority and keeping my benefits. The potential downside is that I am losing out on continuity with one agency or from staying within one field. I wonder if I am being too short sighted? The people with the top paying jobs have been in the same agency over ten years, but I feel like there are so many people in line ahead of me that it wouldn’t ever be my turn anyway so I am losing out on the incremental gains that come from moving around to different agencies. In my state system there are no raises given so changing jobs or agencies is the only chance for more pay. In three years i have had four positions with three different agencies. Each move was for around a 5 percent raise except the most recent one it was for over ten percent more at a different agency. How long should I stay in this most recent job? How much of a raise is worth changing for? Job types have been somewhat similar, I went from being a case worker to being a policy writer (same agency) then to an HR analyst (different agency) to now being a compliance reviewer (different agency). I think the next job I would want to go into is some kind of management since management is the next pay tier I think I have maxed out for pay for a non supervisor non technical position.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Position hopping worth short term gains or bad in long run? Position hopping worth short term gains or bad in long run? Reviewed by Louhi on février 02, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.