Being recruited by someone I know

I am currently employed in a job I'm content and happy with for four years and 5 months now. It's a non-profit that focus on a specific population in the education sector. My current job, I was offered without even applying. It was a neat experience at age of 24, being hired without going through the long process. The past five years, I was able to publish papers, build and strengthen networking, present numerous times, collect data, analyzing, and travel to many, many locations and satisfied most, if not all, objectives required by my supervisor.

Yesterday, out of the blue, someone I know and see around occasionally in professional environment, point-blank told me through a text they want to recruit me to take their position and set up a meeting next week. I already got a job description and this agency they work for, is well-known and well-respected. I never sent in any applications nor indicated that I'm searching for a job. This position I'm asked to look at is pretty much a step up from my current position.

How do I handle this appropriately? I scheduled the meeting off hours so it won't conflict with my work, and I plan to disclose to my supervisor that I have been recruited by someone (not naming) immediately after this meeting... but any tips or ideas on how to frame this?

Should I approach this interview as a informal job interview? Since this person and the executive director are meeting with me through Zoom? I'm almost 30 and I still consider myself inexperienced with the process of acquiring a new job on my own... This is possibly the second time I'm being recruited but both are very different situations.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Being recruited by someone I know Being recruited by someone I know Reviewed by Louhi on février 18, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.