How can I handle employer red flags during an interview professionally?

So I was interviewing for a job today. I was excited for the job originally, but when I got a chance to ask some questions of my own, I got answers that threw up serious red flags. I won't go into specifics, but suffice it to say, it sounded like an awful place to work.

Still, I wanted to stay professional, so I just nodded along and agreed with what he said. At the end of the interview, he asked me if I was still interested in the position. Since I had been playing along so far, I didn't feel like any answer other than "yes" would be consistent with what I had been saying or doing. My plan was if they did want me back for a second interview, it would be in a couple days, and I could just say that things have changed.

Unfortunately, less than 15 minutes after that interview, they emailed me saying that they loved talking with me, and the CFO wanted to interview me later today, or tomorrow. I feel like I really backed myself into a corner here, since I said I was still interested in the position just earlier today. Now I feel like I would look downright foolish to then do a 180 so quickly and say no I actually don't even want a second round interview anymore.

For future reference, how can I respectfully and professionally express that I am no longer interested in a position during the interview after hearing what they had to say? And am I overthinking it or would I look bad to turn down the second round interview after telling them I was still interested in the position just a few hours ago? If it makes a difference, I got the interview opportunity through a recruiting agency I've been working with, and while I wouldn't have to deal with job I interviewed for again, I do want to continue working with my recruiter.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How can I handle employer red flags during an interview professionally? How can I handle employer red flags during an interview professionally? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 09, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.