Golden Hello... But only after probation period

Hi all,

I am due to accept a job offer at a new company. To cut a long story short, the salary is less, but work life balance should be better. One of the sticking points is that I am foregoing a not insignificant bonus with my current employer to move. This was raised and a golden hello of an equivalent value offered by the new employer and I verbally confirmed I was happy with this and would be accepting.

The offer has come through and the golden hello is made with a clawback if I leave within 18 months (pro-rated and reducing with time, i..e if I leave in first month I have to pay it all back, and 1/18th of the sum if I leave in the 18th month). I am happy with this and it makes sense that the employer wants to protect themselves. However, the golden hello is also only to be paid once I have completed 6 months probation. My concern is that the market etc.,could be very different in 6 months (I am in the UK so Brexit is a concern) and they may decide to extend my probation or cancel it entirely if the market suffers and I miss out on both the bonus with my current employer and the golden hello at the new employer.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and have any advice?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Golden Hello... But only after probation period Golden Hello... But only after probation period Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 29, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.